July 1, 2022 – Francesco Di Giovanni appointed member of the board of directors of VERTEQ Capital
VERTEQ is pleased to announce the appointment of Francesco Di Giovanni as a member of the board of directors of VERTEQ Capital SpA.
Class of 1957, married with four children, Francesco holds a degree in Business Administration from Bocconi University of Milan. He is currently CEO of Compagnia Aerea Italiana, the controlling holding company of Alitalia; Chairman of Zephir Capital Partners; Director of Fimer; Chairman of FDG&C, advisory company for SMEs. He has been until recently Independent Director of NTV (Italo Treno).
Among the positions held by Francesco in the past: CEO and Chairman of Aeroporti di Roma; CEO of Cementir Italia; Chairman of Waste Italia; General Manager of ACEGAS-APS; CEO of Moplefan (Montedison Group); International Finance Director of Montedison and Ferruzzi Finanziaria; CEO of Montedison Finanz; General Manager of Montedison International Holding; Executive Vice President and CEO of Montedison USA; Chairman of Carapelli USA; Chairman of Keramont; International Financial Controller of Montedison.
He began his professional career, while still a university student, at the General Management Credit Service of Banco Lariano, and then as Head of Financial Planning and Management Control of Interbanca.
- January 30, 2023 – VERTEQ Capital invests in Epilate, Italian leader in permanent hair removal
- November 14, 2022 – VERTEQ Capital invests in the industrial machinery components of Radici Products
- July 1, 2022 – Francesco Di Giovanni appointed member of the board of directors of VERTEQ Capital
- June 21, 2022 – New appointment
- November 15, 2021 – ArteOlio, VERTEQ Capital agricultural portfolio company, completes a new round of capital increase, bringing total equity raised to 15 million euro in 24 month
- July 1, 2021 – New appointment
- June 7, 2021 – New financing round from Banca Carige and Banco BPM in support of ArteOlio’s Tuscan olive oil
- December 15, 2020 – VERTEQ Capital doubles its investment in ArteOlio: second-round euro 5.0 million capital increase completed
- September 8, 2020 – Gellify acquires a majority stake in Bit2win from Accenture
- August 25, 2020 – Banco BPM alongside VERTEQ Capital in support of ArteOlio
- June 10, 2020 – Azimut launches fund focused on digital startups in partnership with Gellify
- March 30, 2020 – VERTEQ Capital exits 2016 S-Solar investment for 22% IRR